ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: - Technical Skills
The Oracle Applications DBA Team Lead skill requirements include solid knowledge and experience of Oracle Applications DBA duties for release 12.1 in addition to general database administration skills such as:
- Responsible for leading a team of DBAs to provide effective 24x7 support.
- Responsible for maintaining a multi-organization, multi-language E-Business Suite Release 12 system, as well as a legacy Release 11i system.
- Responsible for database monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and high-availability strategies in a 24x7 Production environment.
- Responsible for logging and working issues through completion on support websites, especially My Oracle Support (MOS).
- Responsible for building new environments, and cloning existing environments.
- Responsible for applying patches in Oracle EBS (adpatch), Oracle databases (opatch), and application servers (Java Updates), both for bug fixes and for critical patch updates.
- Responsible for tuning the system to ensure that all systems are running at peak performance.
- Responsible for enforcing change management rules to ensure that production environments meet SOX requirements.
- Responsible for EBS applications and database upgrade from lower version to higher version
- Maintaining and support external DMZ applications, troubleshooting PCP, LBR and SSL related issues
- Responsible for keeping the DBA team current on technology.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Effective communication skills are critical, both written and oral, and the capability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- Must have strong leadership skills with proficiency in English.
- Must be clear thinking, fact-based and to the point.
- Strong customer service skills are required
- Must be able to direct and monitor work efforts conducted by offshore team members
- Must have strong Knowledge of E-Business Suite Releases 11i and 12.1, Oracle Fusion Middleware (WebLogic Server and SOA Suite) and Discoverer.
- Must have a good understanding of system architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other technical discipline
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience supporting Oracle E-Business Suite in a large corporate environment that includes the following.