Ruby On Rails Senior Developer needed - contract to hire (preferred) to support our Enhanced Portal project..We are transitioning from legacy application to Ruby on Rails and React, front-end.
Our client continues to build out its software solutions for innovative home health solutions that produce better outcomes and reduce overall costs through partnerships with providers and payers. The Enhanced Portal engineering team builds customer centric front end using Ruby on Rails framework. We are looking for a Senior Developer to contribute meaningfully to our EP team.
Leveraging your experience in Ruby on Rails, react/angular, Node.js and other java script framework, Application Development and Analytics, you will join a product team that is building a new platform for our client. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change needed within the healthcare industry.
As an experienced Ruby on rails person - - you will be working directly on client-facing products, helping build and maintain the product. You will have the opportunity to design, build and maintain robust and scalable software using Ruby on Rails. Additionally, you will participate in architectural design discussions and planning sessions, Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity while collaborating with your squad to solve problems ranging from scalability and performance to architecture and feature development.
- Independently design, develop, execute, deliver and maintain components of large Software products
- Independently contribute to an Agile Software Development team that is comprised of remote onshore and offshore Development members.
- Adheres to and contributes to the defined processes while still being able to deliver efficiently
- Deliver high-quality, secure, scalable and maintainable production software with a predictable and consistent velocity
- Maintain high level of technical documentation
- Actively participate in interactions with Business Owners to understand business requirements and be comfortable at conveying application and technological logic/decisions to non-technical users
- Collaborate with DevOps team to design and develop CI/CD architecture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 8 years’ experience with designing, developing, delivering and maintaining large scalable enterprise systems.
- Detail understanding on unit test code, code review and integration with Sonarqube
- Proficient in Front end development technologies with design, flow, performance and security understanding.
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Strong knowledge of API development and RESTful web services integration.
- Good knowledge of relation database, specifically Oracle (SQL - PL/SQL)
- Good knowledge of Dockers, packaging and 3rd party libraries.
- Healthcare experience is preferable but not required.
- Ability to build technical designs as well as own and drive completion of committed deliverables with minimal guidance is required
- Experience with full software development lifecycle including design, architecture, development, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Self-motivated, curious, eager to learn and able to thrive in a fast-paced, remote environment
- Excellent communication to collaborate effectively with remote team members