UG :- - Not Required
PG :- - Not Required
No of position :- ( 1 )
Post :- 23rd Dec 2021
The Omnium Team at Northern Trust is growing, and we’re looking for great C++ developers to join us! Omnium is Northern Trust’s proprietary software platform that runs our Alternative Fund Services business. It’s a leading-edge system that provides fund administration, accounting, and data solutions to some of the world’s most sophisticated hedge funds, private equity managers, and managed account platforms. Now with a fifteen-year track record of success, the Omnium Development Team is transforming the platform to take advantage of the latest technology and scale up to support the rapidly growing business.
Build multi-threaded applications (doing a lot of things in parallel) some financial experience
As a C++ Developer for the Omnium Platform, you will...
• Lead the design of major systems and subsystems for the Omnium Platform supporting Northern Trust Alternative Fund Services
• Propose new designs and modify existing ones to continuously improve performance, add functionality, and enhance stability
• Develop, test and deploy software solutions, utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology and tools
• Design and develop for the highest levels of performance and throughput
• Partner with business leaders to deliver custom solutions that solve business problems
• Provide comprehensive consultation to business and IT management and staff
• Provide leadership and guidance to colleagues, fostering an environment that encourages
• Participation, teamwork and communication
• Responsible for designing, developing, testing and deploying software solutions for Hedge Fund Services.
• Propose new designs and modify existing ones to continuously improve performance, functionality, and stability of the system.
• Works with business leaders and business unit partners to define priorities and deliver custom solutions to solve business problems or address business needs.
Level 3 (8-10+ yrs): functional area expert with technical and/or business knowledge and functional expertise.
• Will be seasoned, multidisciplinary experts with extensive technical and business knowledge and functional expertise.
• Working at the highest technical level of all phases of system design and implementation.
• Have strong programming skills in C++11 or later, preferably on a Linux / Unix platform · have significant experience with multi-threaded application design and development
• Have significant experience with open source technology, database technology, and service-oriented and / or microservice architecture
• Have a track record of maintaining focus on executing the strategic direction of business function activities, delivering client value and improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
• Have a proven ability to work effectively with end users to define requirements, and a demonstrated ability to navigate through ambiguity to deliver on complex initiatives with diverse stakeholders
• A BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related Computer Engineering or Science curriculum is required. A MS Degree is preferred.
• Experience with multi-threaded application design and development; including testing and deployment phases.
• Experience with UNIX and key languages, e.g. Python, R, Perl, shell scripting.
• Strong server side programming experience with automation and backend support.
• Experience building trading applications.
• Experience with distributed systems.
• Experience designing and building real time desktop applications capable of handling large volumes of streaming data.
• Experience developing Winforms applications.
• Experience using Agile methodology and collaboration.
• Knowledge of the system development life cycle, the client area's functions and systems, and applications program development technological alternatives.
• Strong communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff required.
• An understanding of financial markets and instrument types.
• Knowledge of different UNIX IPC mechanisms (sockets, shared memory, semaphores, etc.). Strong programming skills in C++ development experience on a UNIX platform.
• Strong skills in working with Opensource technologies, no-SQL database technology, micro service architecture, cloud-native development, continuous build, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
• Ability to work effectively with end users to define requirements.
• Leadership and organizational skills are required to determine the Business Unit's goals, resources needed, and to assess and develop the skills of staff.
Nice to Haves – The strongest candidates will have some or most of the following:
• Have gained an understanding of financial markets and security types.
• Have significant development experience with a scripting language, preferably Python, Perl, Unix Shell scripting, and/or R.
• Have server-side programming experience, and experience building, extending, and maintaining distributed systems
• Have experience building trading and market-facing applications
• Have developed in an environment using continuous build, continuous integration and
• Continuous deployment.
• Have worked in an environment using agile project methodology and collaboration, and
• Possess in-depth knowledge of the system development life cycle
• Possess excellent communication skills, strong analytical ability, sound judgment and
• Management skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and it management
• And peers
Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. Consults with Business Unit and IT management and staff on all phases of the project development cycle.
2. Acts as a designer for major systems and their subsystems utilizing a strong understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs.
3. Design and develop high-performance programming language components used by trading applications.
4. Provide solid technical expertise to support and enhance core-trading applications.
5. As an experienced functional area expert, provides leadership and problem solving to the team and partners at a high technical level.
6. Identifies areas for process improvement and carries out activities that are technically difficult to execute on those improvements.
7. Carries out initiatives involving multiple disciplines and/or ambiguous issues
8. Displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to help improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity