UG :- - Not Required
PG :- - Not Required
No of position :- ( 1 )
Post :- 28th May 2022
candidates just need to be willing to drive in for occasional all hands meetings can be 100-150 miles out but willing/ able to drive in if needed
Macro Pros has an immediate opening for a Sr. Android Developer in Princeton, NJ. All interested candidates must be local (driving distance to the Development center) and a US Citizen/Green Card Holder. The work will be remote at first but from discussions with leadership, it’s possible that the Princeton, New Jersey office will reopen end of Summer/beginning of Fall. Then a slow reintegration return-to-office. Our client will have a Hybrid model in the future.
Sr. Android Developer - Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software of complex software applications.
• Perform maintenance on existing software products and contribute knowledge of business applications.
• Contribute as necessary to the development of all project artifacts throughout the system development life cycle.
• Write SQL queries and analyze existing queries for performance tuning.
• Perform post-deployment verification.
• Review the existing documentation.
• Document technical specifications.
• Work closely with the UX Designers to implement a specified UI design within the constraints of the technical solution and work to find compromises when desired designs cannot be achieved.
• Field technical questions from other developers, Product Management, Quality Assurance, and other departments.
• Provide development estimates for new development initiatives and enhancement requests.
• Investigate and resolve bugs and deficiencies in the product codebase.
• Build and maintain internal tools to streamline the software development process and enhance productivity.
• Build strong and collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams to launch new products, features, and services on time and within budget.
• Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned.
• Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years with a Master’s degree.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a creative or technical field. Graduate degree preferred.
• 5 years of Android app development experience using Kotlin. Experience using Java is a plus.
• Experience using Android Studio and its tools.
• Experience building UI using XML.
• Experience using Android SDK, including: SQLite, Shared Preferences, Background Services, Intent Handling, Push Notification, Location Management and Thread Management.
• Experience using 3rd party frameworks and Gradle dependency manager.
• Experience with app distribution using Google Play App Store portal, available examples in Google Play is preferred.
• Experience with consuming APIs and interfacing with backend services using REST and JSON.
• Experience with AWS Services.
• Experience working in an agile, preferably SAFe, environment.
• Understanding accessibility compliance.
• Portfolio demonstrating experience is preferred but not required.
• Experience with software engineering fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, dependency injection, testable code, and algorithms.
• Write clean, maintainable code, and read and review code created by others.
• Write and maintain unit tests.
• Experience working with a distributed team (on/off shore)
• Experience working in a mixed environment of employees and vendors
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Be highly collaborative, a fast learner and willing to work wherever you're needed on the team.
• Domain knowledge of health care, call center, or public sector preferred but not required.