H1B Work Permit
UG :- - Not Required
PG :- - Not Required
No of position :- ( 1 )
Post :- 24th Jan 2022
- 8+ years of IT experience as Database Administrator.
- Strong understanding on installation, configuration, patching, supporting and upgrading MySQL/MariaDB/Percona and MongoDB databases on Linux machines.
- Strong Database Design, performance tuning skills.
- Should have at least 1 year experience on AWS cloud, deploying and managing MySQL and MongoDB database clusters.
- Designs, documents, implements, and monitors backup of database and other database protection or high availability solutions such as replication, synchronization, clustering.
- Familiar with replication and clustering technologies for MySQL like GTID, Galera , XtraDB/InnoDB cluster
- Familiar with 3rd party monitoring solutions like Percona toolkit, Prometheus, Zabbix and Grafana
- Experience in enforcing standards for user account, group, and database security and configuration for all production databases and for non-production databases
- Experience with heterogenous and/or homogenous migration of database : MySQL to AWS Aurora, Oracle to MySQL etc
- Should be good with MySQL Queries, Stored procedures and functions
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, chef , puppet would be added advantage.
- Ability to take full ownership of availability and security of production data.
- Good exposure to at least one scripting language: shell scripts, python, Perl
- Have written moderately complex Linux/Unix shell scripts utilizing built-in shell variables, regular expressions, conditional expressions, functions etc
- Proven leadership skills managing teams of 3-4 people.
- Strong Communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work in a highly collaborative, multi-country/time zone environment.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to track and prioritize numerous tasks.
- Must Have: MySQL/MariaDB Administration, MongoDB, Linux shell scripting, AWS RDS
- Good To have: Python programming, Redis, Docker, Ansible/chef/puppet
Responsibilities would include:
1. Complete support for all aspects (Implementation, Support, Development, Maintenance and Monitoring) of the MySQL, MongoDB and Redis databases both on-premise and on AWS cloud
2. Implementation and maintenance of MariaDB/MySQL, MongoDB and Redis Database systems
3. Implement various monitoring solutions like Prometheus, Grafana, Monyog etc for Database monitoring
4. Develop and maintain SQL queries, Stored Procedure, Functions etc for various application needs
5. Provide ongoing technical support, problem investigation and resolution for database systems.
6. Develop and maintain Monitoring scripts(shell scripts) & Alerting criteria for database systems.
7. Develop and maintain scripts(shell scripts) for Database Backup and Recovery.
8. Develop/maintain system implementation documents, knowledge base, service reports and operational procedures.
9. Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in process and procedures.
10. Evaluates tools and processes to Improve Database Management and Operation.