- 10/10 Communication Skills
- At least 2-4 years of experience on Salesforce Implementation Projects
- University/Education Experience is a big plus
- Mulesoft experience is a big plus
- Experience with Email Tools is huge plus
- Candidates with LinkedIn profile will be given first preference
Project Manager :
Role Description & Tasks:
With the UR Director of Information Systems, the project manager has overall responsibility for the success of the implementation/project. Is accountable for UCSC meeting deliverables and due dates to meet project milestones with UCSC teams and with related system vendors, consultants, and 3rd parties. Applies advanced technical project management concepts with a full understanding of project management practices and IT policies and procedures to manage complex projects. Provides analysis for highly complex, project-related issues. In coordination with division leadership (UR, ITS, and Planning & Budget) and project team leads, monitors the project from initiation through delivery and ensures assigned tasks are completed and business requirements are documented and met; documents all meeting notes, decisions, and next steps, and is responsible for all project status reporting and communications planning; and communicates status of assigned projects to all project teams and University Relations leadership. Organizes related interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints.
Expected Skills & Experience :
- Excellent analytical, strategic planning and execution skills
- Thorough knowledge of project management principles, theories, and concepts; and demonstrated highly advanced organization and project management skills (formal training/certification preferred).
- Demonstrated competency in selecting and implementing project management methods and techniques.
- Demonstrated attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to determine relevance and prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate critical information across disciplines. Understands how projects relate to other business strategies and initiatives.
- Effective skill at tracking effort and project progress and communicating project status to working team members and all levels of leadership. Demonstrated strong conceptual and planning skills to analyze projects of broad and diverse scope. Understands the cost impact of projects, project tracking tools and metrics.
- Demonstrated effective writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization.
- Broad knowledge of technology-related initiatives and an understanding of impact to the organization of such initiatives.
- Requires ability to assess campus needs for information technology products and design services to meet those needs.
- Working knowledge of technology-related initiatives and an understanding of impact to the organization of such initiatives.
- Experience leading a team of technology professionals.
- Demonstrated capacity to anticipate obstacles and plan for contingencies.
- Proven leadership ability. Effective problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to put forth persuasive arguments.
- Advanced knowledge of all aspects of computing and communications including hardware infrastructure, networking, software, operations and disaster recovery.
- Influencing and negotiation experience and skills in an environment with high competition for resources.
- A high degree of political sensitivity, astuteness and the ability to use the informal power structure of the organization to achieve program success and overcome obstacles. A high level of empathy and the ability to vary styles of interaction to match the needs of a variety of temperaments and personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with management on a regular basis
- Experience in Salesforce secure application configuration development (including Apex experience; and Mulesoft experience a plus). Demonstrated software repository (e.g Git skills.
- Demonstrated testing and test planning skills.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years experience managing a higher-ed advancement Salesforce CRM implementations as the primary project manager.
- Experience using project and software development tracking tools (Atlassian JIRA and Asana experience is a plus)