H1B Work Permit
UG :- - Not Required
PG :- - Not Required
No of position :- ( 1 )
Post :- 14th Jan 2022
Join this exciting Data Analytics and Engineering team as a Senior AWS Cloud Engineer! With your expertise with data solutions you will work with a high-performing team to analyze and evaluate data feeds and provide solutions to support the client decision making process. You will support and interact with the client daily in an Agile way of working. You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role. You should be able to work independently under limited supervision and apply your knowledge. You should have sufficient knowledge and maturity to effectively deal with technical issues and help to support the broader team. Your success will be directly related to CGI’s and our client’s success.
You will work within a team and apply your subject matter knowledge of Big Data and Data Lakes. You possess sufficient knowledge and skills to effectively deal with issues, challenges within your field of specialization. You are a high-level professional with direct impact on results and outcome
Your future duties and responsibilities
The role involves working with business and technical experts to implement software engineering best practices that promote the highest reusability across the client’s organization globally. Their International team creates global solutions at enterprise scale with complete automation.
You will be responsible for the delivery of a business needs end-to-end, from understanding the requirements to deploying the software into production.
The focus for this team is on the delivery of innovative solutions to complex problems, with the unique opportunity to:
• Tackle emerging data privacy rules and regulations that vary all over the world
• Use cutting edge technology in the AWS cloud environment with global/enterprise scope
Work in a collaborative environment with people around the globe•
• Drive automation and integrate with CI/CD tools for continuous validation.
• Drive mentality of building well architected applications for AWS Cloud
• Drive the mentality of quality being owned by the entire team.
• Identify code defects and work with other developers to address quality issues in product code.
• Finding bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code through the use of automation tools.
• Articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative agile pattern daily.
• Ownership over your work task, and are comfortable interacting with all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary.
• Core code production for back, middle and front-end applications
• Deploying and developing AWS cloud applications and services end to end
• Operational triage of bugs, failed test cases and system failures
• Creating and optimizing infrastructure performance metrics
• Mapping user stories to detailed technical specifications
• Complete detailed peer code reviews
• Architecting pilots and proofs-of-concept effort to spur innovation
• Working in all stages of the development lifecycle
• Automation of manual data object creation and test cases
• Ask smart questions, collaborate, team up, take risks, and champion new ideas
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The candidate should have below skills and expertise.
• Extensive experience with AWS or other cloud technologies
• Strong Terraform IaaS experience.
• Knowledge of Micro service and serverless architectures
• Experience with DevOps & CI/CD tools – Jenkins, Cloudbees, Please Build, etc.
• Proficiency with OOP languages such as Python, Java, Scala, but Python preferred
• Proficiency working with large data stores and data sets
• Deep understanding of database concepts and design for SQL (primarily) and NoSQL (secondarily) -- schema design, optimization, scalability, etc.
• Solid experience with git software version control and good understanding of code branching strategies and organization for code reuse