UG :- - Not Required
PG :- - Not Required
No of position :- ( 1 )
Post :- 10th Dec 2021
Data Analyst provides business analytics services such as business intelligence, customer research and analysis, dashboards, and scorecards creation. This role will be a specialized role focused on supporting the senior leadership with insights, management reports, and analysis for decision-making process in collaboration with Michigan Department of Transportation’s (MDOT) Office of Enterprise Information Management (EIM) and Department of Technology, Management, and Budget (DTMB).
The ideal candidate enjoys working with data, is familiar with Power BI, and would have the ability to review data sets, suggest appropriate visualizations for the data, know how to appropriately represent the context of the data, and have a keen sense of which visuals will benefit business in given circumstances.
· Understands the decision-making process, workflows, business, and information needs of business areas and service manager/owners
· Translates business needs into analytics/reporting requirements to support management decisions and workflows with required information
· Collaborates and coordinates with business to understand their information needs and identifies ways to discover hidden patterns of data while visualizing and presenting information with the appropriate context in a user-friendly manner
· Proactively mines data from multiple data sources to identify trends and patterns and generates insights for business units and senior leadership, including highly complex analytics with unstructured data such as pictures, videos, unformatted text, etc.
· Interacts with system owners and data architects to understand the context of the information and how information is stored, modeled, and tagged
· Works with users, system owners, automation managers, information stewards, and data architects to enhance information visualization through development of dashboards, reporting, and user interfaces
· Works closely with the Chief Information Steward, information stewards, architects, and business units for knowledge sharing, mentoring, and training
· Acts as a go-to-person for end users to interpret and use information
● Expert in data mining and unstructured information analysis
● Ability to generate insights from information
● Competent in information taxonomy creation, information visualization, information modeling techniques, and usability design, accurately applying visualization techniques to datasets, preferably using Power BI
● Ability to perform functional requirements analysis and business domain analysis
● Experienced with information/data analysis techniques
● Experienced with consumer-level data for the purposes of analysis, reporting, and/or marketing
● Ability to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate a variety of data for use in program development and analysis.
● Ability to develop an understanding of the quality, design, and sharing requirements for critical information assets and entities
● Knowledge of the principles and practices of research and analysis.
● Some knowledge of the principles of administrative management, including budgeting techniques.
● Familiar with data governance principles and IT project development methodologies, such as Agile.
● Some knowledge of project management.
● Ability to plan and organize tasks, execute project plans, and expedite work projects. Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
● Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, from staff to the senior management, across the organization, both orally and in writing. Must possess good interpersonal and negotiation skills.
● Ability to organize, evaluate, and present information effectively to varied audiences
● More than five years of experience as a data analyst, business intelligence analyst, market research analyst, financial analyst, statistician, or equivalent roles
● Experience with consumer-level data for the purposes of analysis, reporting, and/or marketing
● Extensive experience with Structured Query Language (SQL); ability to write SQL against various data sources, structures, and repositories.
● Experience with Power BI or similar reporting tool