UG :- - Not Required
PG :- - Not Required
No of position :- ( 1 )
Post :- 2nd Mar 2022
The engineering team is architecting a cloud-based payments platform in emerging technologies. As a senior engineer, you will contribute in a multitude of way - own large sections of our codebase, drive strategic technical improvements, create sweeping improvements in stability, performance and scalability across business-critical systems. As an experienced senior engineer, you will consistently be able to reduce product complexity, eliminate single point of failures, simplify codebase and processes to get more done with less work. This role would require you to work at a cross-engineering scope and mentor the engineering team to develop, build, and scale the payments platform at large volumes. As a broader team impact, you will anticipate technical issues, come up with larger ideas particularly on reliability and scalability, and advocate them convincingly.
• We’re looking for you if you’re comfortable working in a collaborative environment where everyone takes responsibility for success in every aspect of our product’s delivery. We build incrementally, deliver by validation, and enable through a culture of DevOps. You’ll have a passion for the highest quality results, continuously looking to improve outcomes by enhancing processes and highlighting opportunities. You’ll work in collaboration with limited supervision, adopting Scrum and Agile process to prioritize, pick up, and complete work. You’ll share ideas and team up to deliver new and creative ways to solve problems.
• What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
• Senior engineer for our new React and Node based NextGen Payments Platform front end.
• This role would have responsibility for our legacy payments platform that is in active development based off a .NET platform.
• Mentor and work on the platform in emerging technologies as well as work with and through others internally and externally for multiple platforms. Eventually we are looking to unify and migrate legacy technologies and capabilities onto our modern technology stack.
• Plan, design, develop and test software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products including cloud-based (AWS) and/or internet-related tools
• Decompose success criteria and architectural/design requirements into well-defined, executable stories
• Build defined epics and stories into releasable features and functions
• Deliver well-documented code, features, and functions with built-in unit tests
• Provide on-going maintenance, support, and enhancement in existing systems and platforms
• Provide continuous feedback, identify process improvement opportunities, openly communicate, and collaborate to enhance team capabilities
• Investigate, identify, and resolve defects and performance problems
• Utilize skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
• Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
• Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
• Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
• Proactively work with and oversee work of junior engineers to ensure individual components being worked on as part of a larger system will work together properly
• What are the requirements needed for this position?
• 3+ years' experience back-end development in Node JS
• Experience in Scrum / Agile development methodologies
• Cloud experience, preferably AWS
• Experience designing and building event-driven architectures, message-based architectures
• Experience with test-driven development, building test plans, unit tests, and automated testing frameworks
• Experience building reusable minimal-function components, microservices, and libraries
• Ability to solve problems under time constraints
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
• Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
• Works well in a matrixed cross-functional environment and a builder of professional relationships
• Ability to be creative with a growth mindset in problem-solving
• Willingness to learn and pivot quickly on technologies and design approaches
• Writes clear, concise, and reusable code
• Experience writing MySQL queries and interfacing with databases through code
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
• Experience with AWS ecosystem (I.e., Lambda functions, S3, step functions, ALB, RDS)
• Experience with generating and working with PDF files at a low level
• Familiarity with the image cash letter (ICL) file format
• General experience in the health care industry
• Bachelor of Computer Science, Engineering, or related