- Design and develop data pipelines to extract data from a wide variety of data sources using Azure, Snowflake Cloud, and cloud-native technologies.
- Build a data model to get actionable insights from data, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Design and manage inbound and outbound data processes and monitoring. Work with the data provider to bring in new feed into our data eco-system.
- Enjoy working in Agile as part of a scrum team and deliver high quality product incrementally in an interactive manner.
- Write Test Driven Development based code to meet overall data quality standards as defined by the users.
- Automate the data testing processes and integrate them with monitoring systems.
- You are a team player who enjoys working with and supporting an Application Engineering team, DBA, Infrastructure, and Project Management Office.
- Analyze existing systems (including legacy) and data sets to help Business Analysts define the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Meet with the business users, assist with data-related technical issues, and support their data infrastructure needs.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Strong experience with NoSQL database, including Postgres
- Background in working with Azure Cloud Services: Data Factory, SQL database, Functions, Data Lake, Databricks, Logic Apps, and Azure Automation.
- Fluent in object-oriented and functional script language: Python, Scala, and C#.
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL Server database - writing advanced SQL script, profiling, and optimization. Working knowledge of Business Intelligence tools: Microsoft Integration Services, Reporting Services, and Analysis Services, as well as PowerBI.
- Experience with other Big Data tools such as Spark, Snowflake, and Kaf• Preference for background in Financial Services, ideally in the Wealth Management/Independent Broker Dealer/RIA industry
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, MIS/Information Management, Engineering or related field
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: • None required.
PHYSICAL DEMAND: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Position will be located in Austin, TX office. • Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time in office environment well lit.