This is a unique opportunity to join an organization known for being #1 in video commerce, a top-10 eCommerce retailer, and a leader in mobile commerce and social commerce – and to become part of the team that reinvents the shopping experience, through interactive video streaming experiences.
You will work on a talented agile scrum team focusing on the video and interactive streaming services space. Your focus will be developing web-based applications targeting various streaming platforms such as Comcast X1, Samsung, and LG.
- Develop web applications targeting various streaming platforms such as Comcast X1, Samsung, and LG on a fast-paced, and dynamic Web development team.
- Evaluate, improve, and contribute to the design framework established by the team to define and promote standards and best practices as we scale the streaming service to other platforms and markets.
- Provide input related to the technical design of new applications/systems and architecture. Contribute to proof-of-concept and feasibility analysis.
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices that can be used to strengthen our technology platform and development practices
- Interface with business analysts, project managers, and clients to clarify requirements, as appropriate.
- Perform code review; onboard and mentor new software engineers, review code and enforce coding standards
- Be a proponent of Scrum/Agile methodology, adopting an interactive approach to support the frequent release of high-quality features.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science field of study
- Typical candidates will possess 5+ years of professional software development experience specific to Web Development
- Extensive knowledge and deep understanding of various web-based libraries, in areas such as component interaction, state management, memory management.
- Strong knowledge of Web UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Working knowledge of various web frameworks/libraries such as React, Svelte, Tailwind CSS
- Integration experiences on the Comcast X1, Samsung, LG, and hbbTV platforms
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Working knowledge of the release process to Samsung TV app store, LG Seller Store, and Comcast is a plus
- Experience with the implementation of video analytics SDKs and Video Player experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of GraphQL and use of Urql or Apollo client is a plus
- Experience in developing video-based applications on other platforms such as tvOS, iOS, Android, and Roku is a plus