Brown Brothers Harriman is seeking a Full Stack (Java + UI) Developer to help with the development of a new Data platform (InfodataFabric). BBH's Data platform serves as the foundation for a key set of offerings running on modern and traditional data processing technologies.
- Design and development of application functionality which meets business requirements with high quality within given deadlines.
- Developing maintainable, well-documented application functionality with an eye toward standardization, common components, simplicity, performance, robustness and other attributes of enterprise-strength solutions.
- Contributing technical expertise to defining application requirements in collaboration with business analysts, business representatives and others. You must be able to streamline as well as record requirements, perform gap analysis and offer functionality options where appropriate.
- Creating proofs of concept or prototypes if required; contributing to technical design of applications; contributing to database / data model design.
- Helping to identify coding patterns and anti-patterns and enforce implementation of the patterns through code reviews.
- Quickly resolving issues encountered by business lines in the production environment, maintaining a helpful, "high touch" approach to working with business users, performing root cause analysis, technology evaluation, and performance tuning.
- 5-7 years of relevant software development experience.
- Must be proficient in the Java language (preferably versions 8+), Java EE & core libraries.
- High proficiency in development practices: unit testing, Continuous Integration, refactoring, clean code.
- Good understand of Java Design Patterns and OO Design.
- Experience in developing REST web services in Java.
- Proficiency in RDBMS concepts and SQL.
- Familiarity with Big Data concepts and technologies.
- Knowledge of Spring, Spring MVC and Spring Boot.
- Experience with: Hibernate, JPA, JMS, JTA, Junit, Jenkins, SVN, Git, Maven.
- Ability to configure/install web applications (experience with WebSphere, Tomcat, or similar containers).
- Working experience with Angular, Typescript, CSS and HTML
- Understanding application deployment procedures.
- Ability to adapt at Scrum/Agile methodologies.
- Ability to interpret and troubleshoot applications using logs.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communicator, keen to collaborate and share knowledge.
Technical attributes - nice to have
- Angular or ReactJs experience
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with Hadoop including Hive, Pig, Sqoop.
- Familiarity with Spark and Spark SQL.