As a Data Engineer on the Corporate Engineering - Business Intelligence Team, you will help us build a scalable and robust data environment for our BI team. In this role, you’ll be a source of technical knowledge and experience, facilitating, building (hands-on), and fostering great technical decisions. You’ll be involved in multi-faceted projects at once, where you’ll be required to solve complex problems that require a varied and multi-disciplinary skillset. You’ll need to understand the full picture, and build systems end-to-end, with high attention to user and business requirements.
The responsibilities of this opportunity include:
- Building, and continuously improving our data gathering, modeling, reporting capabilities and self-service data platforms.
- Working closely with Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Product Owners, and Domain Experts to identify data needs.
- Track and identify relevant new technologies in the market and push their implementation into our pipelines through research and POC activities
- Proactively identify gaps in data consumption and define processes to complete them
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Relevant Bachelor degree – preferably CS, Engineering/ Information Systems or other equivalent Software Engineering background.
- 2+ years of applicable work experience as a Data/BI engineer.
- Strong SQL abilities and hands-on experience with SQL and no-SQL DBs, performing analysis and performance optimizations.
- Experience with data warehouse solutions (like BigQuery/ Redshift/ Snowflake).
- Experience with data modeling, data catalog concepts, data formats, data pipelines/ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
Any experience with the following will be considered a plus:
- Hands-on experience in Python or equivalent programming language
- Experience with Airflow and DBT
- Experience with AWS/GCP cloud services such as GCS/S3, Lambda/Cloud Function, EMR/Dataproc, Glue/Dataflow, Athena.
- Experience with data visualization tools and infrastructures (like Tableau/Sisense/Looker/other)
- Experience with development practices – Agile, CI/CD, TDD.