The Senior Data Scientist will develop and operationalize machine learning models in order to personalize players experience in Call Of Duty franchises. This role also will focus on engineering and pipelines as well as analytics to inform business stakeholders of our progress.
Our team has a wide range of responsibilities across Game Operations, Marketing, CRM, and Business Planning.
Some examples of other projects you may encounter: Recommender that personalizes messages of the day; mobile app display and flow; Customer Lifetime Value; Marketing models (emails and push notifications) and more.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
- Prototype-to-production engineering skills in Python or Java, including best practices such as source control, proper documentation, library packaging, versioning, testing, containerization, CI/CD, and task scheduling
- Advanced analytics and SQL skills
- Machine learning expertise, i.e. regression, classification, and clustering algorithms. Time-series analysis, Bayesian methods, and survival analysis. Deep Learning experience a plus.
- Ability to understand and implement parameterized models from publications (ie. Conference Proceedings in ML and Journals in Econometrics).
- Professional habits around model validation, testing, and tracking
- Solid knowledge of statistics, e.g. statistical power analysis, significance testing, t-tests, ANOVA
- Engineering experience in at least one cloud platform such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Exposure to stream processing infrastructure such as Kafka a plus
- Data engineering skills to facilitate data movement, ETL, and analysis
- Masters in a quantitative science with heavy focus on data-driven modeling, e.g. Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research, etc; or Bachelors + 2 years industry experience. Intermediate level depends on additional experience.
- Must be a tenacious and self-catalyzing problem solver. You don’t settle for good enough. Must be able to synthesize disparate data, detect and work around broken data, and investigate every possibility until you are confident you have and understand a thorough solution
- Process-oriented driving toward visibility, accountability, and communication
- Team-oriented, ability to build long-lasting and collaborative relationships effectively. You work selflessly and enthusiastically, serving as a positive catalyst for collaborative solutioning
- You contribute to the expertise in every data and analytic conversation as well as you listen with openness to other’s expertise
- A passion for analytics and diving into as well as experiencing the products on which you work (video game enthusiasm with a solid understanding of the connection of gameplay to spending behavior is a plus)
- Ability to adapt quickly, high tolerance for ambiguity, and ability to coordinate on a team